I grew up with paper books. And encyclopedias. Remember those? Maybe you do and maybe you don't. I remember reading (well mostly looking) through each volume in fascination. What an amazing world it was out there, and don't get me started on those Time Life books, Mammals, Planets, Volcanoes, Insects...sooo cool. Needed to write a paper on Sri Lanka? Great, there was one whole column to plagiarize from. What, you would do that? There needs to be 300 words and there are only 265 in the book...
Anyhoo, here are some pros on each:
1. The smell. Of the pages. Especially if it is a scratch-n'-sniff.
2. The sound. Pages turning.
3. The feel. A tactile experience.
4. The look. Who doesn't like the look of a shelf of books, and you can make a flip movie.
5. The taste. Not really, I just didn't want to leave out a sense, but a few nibbles won't kill ya.
6. Easy to go back a few pages because you missed something.
1. Soooo convenient.
2. Not very heavy
3. Saves paper
I have both... :)